As spring approaches, it is time to think about the health of your grass and any landscaping adjustments you may need to make once the warmer weather arrives. You may want to replace some of your current plants and shrubs, improving the overall look of the exterior of your home, but what plants should you choose? You may find it helpful to make choices based on which selections will be low maintenance while still being visually appealing.
Low-maintenance plants will allow you to enjoy the look of your yard without having to invest a significant amount of time into maintaining them. At Pinestraw Place – Landscape Supply, we can help you select plants that are both beautiful and easy-to-maintain. Some options available to you include:
- Forsythia – This beautiful flowering plant will give yellow blooms starting in the spring, and they can grow quite large. You will only need to do occasional pruning.
- Periwinkle – This low-maintenance plant has purple flowers, and it is a good low-maintenance choice for ground cover and weed prevention.
- Gold-thread cypress – This is a solid, low-maintenance selection that can anchor flower beds and add a “wow factor” to your landscape design.
- Monkey grass – This is a grass-like plant used for ornamentation. It requires very little maintenance, and it also has beautiful purple flowers.
- Fountain grass – This plant comes in several different colors, and it does well in full sun. It needs very little upkeep to remain vibrant and beautiful.
If you want to incorporate more low-maintenance selections in your landscape design plan, you can trust our team of experts. We can evaluate your South Carolina yard and determine which selections will be best for your home based on sunlight, annual rainfall and other factors. Before you make any decisions about your yard, contact our office to make an appointment to meet with a member of our team.