As the temperatures rise, the need to water your lawn on a regular basis will also increase. During the hotter months of the year, it is important for South Carolina homeowners to ensure their lawns have the right amount of moisture to be healthy and vibrant in all temperatures and rainfall amounts. However, there is more to keeping your yard healthy than simply turning on the sprinkler and hoping for the best.
It is helpful to know and understand proper watering procedures in order to reduce waste while also keeping your yard in good shape. There are specific times that may be best to water your lawn, or there could be specific techniques that will make a better use of water. Consider the following about watering your yard:
- Ideally, try to water your lawn once or twice per week. Adjust this frequency based on the amount of rainfall you got in the recent days.
- If you recently seeded your lawn, you will need to water it with more frequency. The right amount depends on the type of grass you have and other factors.
- Consider a sprinkler system if you do not already have one. You can set a timer and have more control over the amount of water used.
- In most cases, it is best to water your lawn first thing in the morning, preferably before 10:00 am.
- Don’t water your grass at night as this could allow too much moisture to sit on the grass, possibly encouraging disease growth.
At Pinestraw Place – Landscape Supply, we can help you have the yard of your dreams. Our experienced team can help you know what type of grass you need, how to take care of it and more. If you have questions about how to make your yard as healthy as possible, you can contact our office to schedule an in-person evaluation of your lawn.