During the hot summer months, yard care can be especially challenging for South Carolina property owners. It’s hot, humid and bright, and you don’t want to waste any time outdoors than you don’t have to. That is why it is helpful to have a plan in place that will allow you to make sure your lawn stays healthy while being efficient and effective. Summer heat can take a toll on your grass, but there are steps you can take that can help it continue to thrive during the hottest months.
Taking care of your grass during the summer involves a bit more than just keeping it cut and making sure that it has sufficient water. The following steps can help you be certain that your yard looks great and stays healthy:
- Cut the grass so that it stays a bit longer, allowing for moisture retention in the soil
- Treat the yard for grubs that may be affecting the health of your grass
- Ensure that you clean up any waste left by pets in the yard
- Sharpen your mower blade so that you can cut the grass efficiently
- Avoid parking on the grass or leaving anything large in the yard
- Leave your grass clippings in the yard as this can serve as a natural fertilizer
- Make sure that you are fertilizing and taking care of weeds that can choke healthy grass
These are simple ways that you can ensure your yard makes it through the hot summer months thriving and green. At Pinestraw Place, we can help you create a lawn that is beautiful and healthy year-round. Our experienced team is dedicated to the care and support of South Carolina homeowners, assisting with everything from lawn care to landscape design. Reach out to our office to learn more about how we can assist you.